Copyright to a work of Applied Art
One of the objects of copyright is a work of Applied Art.
According to the law of Ukraine "on copyright and Related Rights", a work of Applied Art is a work of art, including a work of Art Craft, created manually or industrially for use in everyday life or transferred to objects of such use.
That is, household items include dishes, dining sets, jewelry, vases, jewelry boxes, caskets, baskets, dolls, toys, and other artistically designed items.
To obtain a certificate for the relevant works, you must submit the following documents to the Ukrainian Institute of intellectual property::
- an application of the established form, set out in Ukrainian;
- a copy of the work in material form;
- a document certifying the fact and date of publication of the work (if any);
- a document on payment of the fee for preparation for state registration of copyright in a work and the state fee for issuing a certificate or a copy of the document confirming the availability of benefits;
- power of attorney, if the application is submitted by a trusted person, or a copy of the power of attorney certified in accordance with the legislation;
6.a document certifying the transfer of the author's property right to inheritance (if the application is submitted by the author's heir).
Consideration of the application and making a decision on registration of copyright in the work or refusal of registration is carried out within one month from the date of receipt of the application documents.
If the application meets the established requirements, a decision is made to register the copyright to the work. Otherwise, a reasonable decision to refuse registration is sent to the applicant.
The date of registration of copyright in a work is the date when information about registration is entered in the State Register of certificates of registration of copyright in the work.
The certificate is issued by Ukrpatent within one month from the date of registration.